Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Trans Iowa v12: The Pieces Are Coming In To Place

Boxes hitting the floor. Such a feeling of relief to hear that!
Okay, a week and a half to go..... Getting anxious about some parts and pieces still "out there" and waiting to see if things will show up as promised. Maybe this is a bit hard to relate to, but as an event director, you are told things will happen, and promises are made. Almost all the time, things happen as foretold, but, as you know, sometimes things have slipped through the cracks in the past, and those memories linger and taunt you. They make you get worried and anxious. Then you hear the back door open and boxes hitting the floor. Yes!

That's just a small part of being who I am and having to run Trans Iowa. There are many "little victories" and many "finish lines" that I cross as the event draws nearer. Things start coming into sharper focus day by day. It makes me lay awake at night ticking things off, wondering about a few "unknowns", and remembering something important that makes your heart race when it comes to mind, because, you know.....how could I forget that?!

The finish lines crossed feel good. I'll admit that, but those things waiting to be done, those things nag at me. Recon on Saturday is a huge hurdle. I cannot print cue sheets until that is over, and you have no idea how badly I want to get that job done! Printing those and having them bagged up, ready to go, is such a huge hurdle to get over. When I cross that finish line, there will be a huge sigh of relief. Then it's all downhill to the event. Not that it gets any easier..........

More soon...............

1 comment:

sniffer said...

I tried my hand at hosting a fatbike race this winter. I can only imagine the details and thoughts that go into something this big. I bet you sleep like a baby when this thing is over. Thanks again for putting it on, it is something special.